A process is by definition a systematic series of actions directed toward some end.1
Every graph can be considered a process, but a graph can contain sub-processes. A sub-process can be either
- single-instance sub-process – meaning it is just a process embedded inside the parent graph
- multi-instance sub-process – which can be spawned to run separately of the parent graph
Sub-processes can either be created within the parent graph or created as it’s own graph and linked into the parent graph using the import graph capabilities.
- We can create new Process in graph by clicking on the + Add Process button in the activities/process panel (placed on left by default)
- We can also click on insert in main menu on the top and then click on New Process
- Another way is to right click on the canvas anywhere (gray area), a menu will be shown click on Add Process and a new Process will be created there
- We can also create a new Process by dragging the + Add Process button found in the activities/process panel to the canvas and after drag a new Process will be created there.