DCR Designer is a web tool and can be used by anyone having an account on dcrgraphs.net. We can create/edit/save/simulate graphs with it. It also packs some capabilities of importing and exporting DCR graphs as well as simulation replay.
Major features of the editor are as follows:
- Create New Graphs
- Save/Export Graphs
- Edit existing Graphs or Import graphs to current/new graphs
- Simulate graphs with either auto users or friends (Collaborative Simulation)
- Replay a successful simulation after it is completed
- Easy to use interface for creating graphs much efficiently
- A guided tour of the tool and how to use it to create Graphs
- Graphs revision history to see or revert to previous changes
- Save as Major version
- Import DCR XML
- Import DCR as Process
- Export as XML
- Export as SVG
- Export as PNG Image (beta)
- Graph Revision History
- Simulation History
- New Activity
- New Process
- Restart Simulation
- Pause Simulation
- Resume Simulation
- Exit Simulation
- Simulation History
- Options Panel
- Simulation Users
- Simulation Log
- Start Tour
- About DCR
This panel contains the options available for activates and processes, like: label & descriptions for them.
This panel will contain all the tasks available to simulation users based on their roles and users can execute activities in simulation by clicking on Execute button located on right of each task. The order of showing the task in this panel is below:
- Pending Not Enabled
- Enabled Not Executed
- Executed and Enabled
This is to log the actions happening in simulation
A registered user is required for creating graphs on online editor, after successful registration user will be redirected to DCR Portal Home where s/he can see all the graphs created by him or shared to him. For creating a new graph use the following steps:
- From DCR Portal Home page: click on the + New Graph button located on top right corner of My Graphs panel on the Left side of the page.
- Now graph editor will be opened and a popup will be displayed to user, which would require some basic information of the graph. If no changes are made to the information the graph will use default values and on clicking the Save button a new graph will be created.
- If you are already on the graph editor then new graph can be created by clicking on the File in the main menu on top and then click on new graph. If any changes are made to current graph the tool will ask a confirmation from user if he wants to leave or stay on the current graph.
The video below shows how to create a new graph:
Organisational administrators can create DCR graphs that can be used for templates when creating new graphs. This makes it easier to enforce organisational requirements for fonts, colors and layouts, as well as the ability to include DCR elements in new graphs.
The videos below show how to access graphs revision history to see or revert to previous changes:
All major revisions of a graph is saved, but only the latest 30 minor revision that are more than 30 days old are saved.
One of the major benefits of DCR Graphs is the ability to analyze graph behavior in various ways. DCRGraphs.net include a list of analysis APP’s as outlined below:
- Path Analyzer – the Path Analyzer makes it possible to search for paths through the graph including and excluding various activities, similar to using your GPS or Google Map to find a path.
- Dead-end Analyzer – this application analyse a graph in order to find potential paths that can lead to a state where the goal can never be reached. Live/deadlock detection.